Monday, May 11, 2009

garden day-david's art brings color,movement;the powderpuff girls moved in,one had a humpty dumpty moment but back together again by susan;chris started a new isolceles bed and caged stuff with green vinyl ;charles got a super for beehive,its 4 stories now ,very urban and what a story inside;we dug up a 8 foot weed we were ignoring and created a new patch of sunlight;messina planted the little apple tree near the front fence;we kicked around the possibility of new name for the garden something combining laid back and kick ass(more later);aisha brought christopher and azaria by and they planted some seeds and hung out;leah came by and gave us stuff from their house which will sadly soon be history;we took eggs from under the chicken who stubbornly refuses on being broody..oh,ponderous life.

3 comments:

  1. (Dave/(Ridgetop Tipi), here! I can't figure computers, at all! I don't even know how to work a cell-phone, either! .....Quite happy, though! 1st test: This community garden is GREAT, can't see how City Hall turns everything so POLITICAL!! Have you gotten anywhere talking to 1 of these chickens, lately, about current issues?! I wish all these well-meaning, 'manicured' social workers & Mayor/City Council would simply ENJOY life on Ashby! Pet-a-chicken? Turn the compost? Scrape up the chicken poop? Be USEFUL to the community! (".....and just watch the river flow!", said Bob Dylan!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanna say that I'll new to gardening (2 months). "Chickens laying eggs" is what got me hooked! (Gosh! Anothere egg! What a perfect miracle creature!!! .....I love dogs/cats, but this is truely amazing!) I listen to 102.1fm/(classical), constantly! My next favorite is country - Haggard, etc. The more I hear country, the more I, really, hear MILES DAVIS, etc. RAHSAAN ROLAND KIRK! All kinds of music! The more MUCKY gardening I do, the more SENSE all this music becomes! Yoyo Ma, Kent Nagano, etc. aughta start planting & cleaning out chicken coops!!! I can't play an instrument at all(!), but sometimes I get to thinkin' that 1/2 these folks/("experts") don't even hear their OWN music! Heavens to Mergatroid! I need to move my tipi! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hear you the garden is something else isn't it i love miles davis too hes one of my all time faves!

    glad your enjoying your time with the chickens we've all watched them grow had had our time cleaning the coup and enjoying there antics, nice to have another person willing to be so involved!

    ReplyDelete